Sorry for the delay! Here is the tutorial for my Bead Journal Project piece that I shared last week!
Since I made the flowers some time ago, the first task was to choose the background fabric, which I did with the input of several online readers and friends.
The next step was to make the little herringbone leaves to go with the calendulas, which I showed you two weeks ago.
Then it was just a matter of cutting the fabric to size (postcard, 6x4), stitching everything down, and adding some stems. The pansy has a stem of rolled silk ribbon, and the calendula stems are double strand embroidery floss.
I edged the piece with blanket stitch and mounted it on a piece of mat board. Done!
And now it occurs to me that I never showed you how to make the flowers. Sheesh. Ok, in a couple of weeks...
And here it finally is: a tutorial on making the shibori silk flowers and leaves!
Copyright 2014 Cyndi Lavin. All rights reserved. Not to be reprinted, resold, or redistributed for profit. May be printed out for personal use or distributed electronically provided that entire file, including this notice, remains intact.
Technorati Tags: bead embroidery,handmade beaded jewelry,wearable art,beads,jewelry,necklace,mixed media,beading