So now I've got my second piece for the 2015 Bead Journal Project finished, combining beaded crazy quilting with 3D forms. This month, my form is a simple crescent.
1. Draw two identical overlapped circles on some felt.
2. Cut the pieces apart, and cut a center piece out of a different color felt if desired.
3. Decorate the side pieces as you wish.
4. Stitch the curved edges of the side pieces together. I used embroidery floss with seed beads to do the blanket stitch.
5. Decorate the top piece.
6. Stitch it into place, stuffing the crescent form lightly with batting.
January 2015: Wavy raised circle form
February 2015: Crescent form
Copyright 2015 Cyndi Lavin. All rights reserved. Not to be reprinted, resold, or redistributed for profit. May be printed out for personal use or distributed electronically provided that entire file, including this notice, remains intact.
Technorati Tags: bead embroidery,handmade beaded jewelry,wearable art,beads,jewelry,necklace,mixed media,beading