This bead embroidered pendant started off its life as part of a different project. I originally intended it for the centerpiece of a bracelet made from antique hinges. When it turned out to be too big, and not really suited style-wise in any case, I let it sit on the table until I decided what to use it for instead.
1. I started with cabochons that I made from bottle caps and Bezel Effects paints, topped with resin.
2. Create a peyote bezel around the cap on some beading foundation material using size 11/0 seed beads, drawing it in over the top with size 15/0 seed beads.
3. I chose a bead embroidered form of Russian spiral to surround the cap.
4. For a little extra embellishment, I stitched back up into the bezel and added some 4mm round glass beads. Clip the foundation fabric, back it with another piece, and clip the backing to match.
6. On the back, I added a square stitch bail. All done. Wear it. Watch people's eyes widen when you tell them the cabochon is a bottle cap!
Bezel Effects paints from PJTool
Instructions for motifs:
Bored By Back Stitch will teach you how to create twelve different bead embroidery motifs, using nine different beadweaving stitches. Learn how beadweaving stitches can be morphed into beautiful bead embroidered motifs, created to surround and enhance your cabochons or accent beads.
The specific motifs you will learn are designs that use embroidered forms of basic peyote, Cellini spiral peyote, brick, Russian spiral, herringbone, chevron chain, right angle weave, square, African helix, and double or single St Petersburg chain. In addition, there are step-by-step instructions for three projects to help you use your motifs. The e-book is available now, 127 pages, $3.00 US.
This post contains affiliate links: Beadaholique.
The Bezel Effects paint was given to me at no cost by PJTool so that I could develop this free project for you.
Copyright 2014 Cyndi Lavin. All rights reserved. Not to be reprinted, resold, or redistributed for profit. May be printed out for personal use or distributed electronically provided that entire file, including this notice, remains intact.