Beautiful toggles just beg to be worn in the front! This asymmetrical design features large lampwork glass beads that suit the front closure style, and small round beads to keep your neck comfortable.
Materials & Tools
8 25mm lampwork glass beads, spirals and bicones
17 8mm fancy jasper beads, round
35 4mm fancy jasper beads, round
4 5mm sterling silver squash beads
1 2mm sterling silver bead, round
2 size 2 sterling silver crimp tubes
Heart-shaped sterling silver toggle and bar set
2inch sterling silver head pin
5 mm jump ring
24 inches of .019 inch diameter beading wire
Flat nose pliers
Round nose pliers
1. If your lampwork beads are different colors or styles like mine, arrange them into a pleasing pattern, with one group of three beads, one group of four, and one single bead left over for the dangle.
2. Cut a 24 inch piece of beaded wire, and crimp it around the heart-shaped toggle loop. Slide on a silver squash bead and four fancy jasper 8mm rounds. Clip the end of the wire so that it stays buried in the beads. Add your group of three lampwork beads, alternating with 8mm rounds. Finish with three of the 8mm rounds.
3. In order to have the necklace feel comfortable around the back of your neck, string on all 35 of the fancy jasper 4mm rounds.
4. Add three fancy jasper 8mm rounds, and then add the group of four lampwork beads, alternating with 8mm rounds. Finish with two of the 8mm rounds and a silver squash bead.
5. Slide on a crimp tube and the toggle bar, take the wire back through the crimp and a couple of beads. Crimp the wire firmly and clip the end close.
6. Slide your remaining lampwork bead onto the headpin, surrounded by silver squash beads. Add the 2mm silver round, and create a wrapped loop, filing any rough edges. Attach the dangle to the heart-shaped toggle with the jump ring.
Copyright 2011 Cyndi Lavin. Not to be reprinted, resold, or redistributed for profit. May be printed out for personal use or distributed electronically provided that entire file, including this notice, remains intact.
Technorati Tags:handmade beaded jewelry,wearable art,beads,jewelry,necklace,mixed media,beading