Love is a rose and you'd better not pick it
It only grows when it's around your neck...
Ok, that's NOT how the song goes, but when I saw this gorgeous glass Kalera bead available from Artbeads, I jumped to it and made a necklace immediately so that I could wear it for Valentines Day! Artbeads generously provided most of the beads so that I could make and share this project with you.
The construction is very simple, and I'll share some in process shots with you below.
Materials & Tools
Black, White, and Pink Kalera Bead
GOOD N PLENTY Fire Designs Hand Blown Furnace Glass Beads
Czech Glass Druk Beads Rosaline/AB 8mm
Vermeil 14mm Twisted Heart Toggle Clasp
SoftFlex beading wire in gold
Paddle-style head pin
Pink and black seed beads (I used size 6/0 and size 8/0)
2 gold colored crimp beads
Chain nose pliers
Round nose pliers
1. Add the focal bead and some seed beads to a head pin. Create a simple loop at the top.
2. Slide a 4 inch piece of colored craft wire through a furnace glass bead and create a wrapped loop. Clip the end close and file if needed. Create a second wrapped loop on the other end of the wire and finish the end.
3. Open the simple loop and attach it to the wrapped loop. Set the piece aside.
4. Use a crimp bead to attach one end of your wire to half the toggle. String the wire end through a few more beads and clip off. String up half your beads and add the pendant, stringing through the furnace glass bead.
5. String the second half of your necklace and finish off the other end with a crimp bead. Pass the wire through the toggle bar and then back through several beads, the crimp, and a few more beads. Flatten the crimp bead and clip the wire off.
As regards FTC disclosure guidelines: I have received beads and a toggle free of charge from Artbeads.com in order to create a project free of charge for you. I have not been paid for my endorsement as it pertains to the products received.
Copyright 2010 Cyndi Lavin. Not to be reprinted, resold, or redistributed for profit. May be printed out for personal use or distributed electronically provided that entire file, including this notice, remains intact.
Technorati Tags:handmade beaded jewelry,wearable art,beads,jewelry,necklace,mixed media,beading
I especially like how you used color-coordinated wire to attach the focal bead. Nice touch.