Last week, I shared part one of my tutorial on making a painted landscape crazy quilt block.
10. My landscape is all finished now, with each seam and patch decorated. What follows are some close-ups of various areas:
11. Snow-topped mountains and flowers.
12. Mid-land and butterfly.
13. Foreground water.
14. The last element I added.
15. I chose not to add a frame of any type to this block, so here's my finishing method. Cut a backing fabric (mine is plain muslin) and a piece of batting. The batting should be just slightly smaller than the top. Miter and fold the backing up around the batting. Miter and fold the edges of the top along the pre-planned lines.
16. Iron the edges, line them up, and pin them together.
17. Pick embroidery floss and size 8/0 seed beads to edge the piece. I added a bead to every other blanket stitch around the edges.
Spring Returns to the Land
Cyndi Lavin, 2016
Copyright 2016 Cyndi Lavin. All rights reserved. Not to be reprinted, resold, or redistributed for profit. May be printed out for personal use or distributed electronically provided that entire file, including this notice, remains intact.