Using the sea glass beads that I received from Auntie's Beads, I made this cute lightweight necklace. It jingles slightly because of the Indian bells, and there is just a lot of movement in general since the crocheted wire is so flexible.
Materials and Tools
Sea Glass Round Bead Strand, Clear, 6mm
Sea Glass Round Bead Strand, Red Marble, 8mm
Sea Glass Free Form Nugget Bead Strand, Strawberry, 16 x 24mm
Sea Glass Round Bead Strand, Black/Clear Marble, 6mm
Red craft wire, 28 gauge
SoftFlex, 0.014" diameter
Silver craft wire, 22 gauge
Silver colored curb-style chain
Silver crimp tubes
4 jump rings
Lobster claw clasp
2 large pewter beads
Indian dancing bells, silver colored
5 - 6mm pearls, garnet colored
Size 8/0 seed beads, garnet
Crochet hook, size H
Chain nose pliers
Round nose pliers
1. Follow the basic instructions for Blue Bells and crochet the clear, black marbled, and red marbled rounds onto red craft wire, interspersed with clusters of three Indian dancing bells. Leave 4 to 5 inch wire tails at the ends of each strand.
2. String one strand of the heavier beads, including the nuggets, some of the red marbled rounds, pearls, and seed beads onto SoftFlex.
3. Create a wrapped loop with a 4 to 5 inch piece of silver colored wire, and crimp the SoftFlex strand around it. Repeat for the other end. Wrap the wires from the crocheted strands around the loop and wrap down the strand to tighten. Clip ends close.
4. Add some seed beads, Indian bells, and a large bead to each wire, creating a wrapped loop at the other end.
5. Use jump rings to attach chain to each wrapped loop. Add another jump ring to the end of one piece of chain and attach the lobster claw clasp to the other piece with a jump ring.
As regards FTC disclosure guidelines: I have received the sea glass beads free of charge from Auntie's Beads in order to create a project free of charge for you. I have not been paid for my endorsement as it pertains to the products received.
Copyright 2010 Cyndi Lavin. Not to be reprinted, resold, or redistributed for profit. May be printed out for personal use or distributed electronically provided that entire file, including this notice, remains intact.
Technorati Tags:handmade beaded jewelry,wearable art,beads,jewelry,necklace,mixed media,beading