For part one of the outline tutorial on how to make a bead embroidery necklace like Blossoms of the Moonlit Waves, please visit the link above.
5. Add picots along the top, or inner, edge of the necklace.
6. Add accent beads and picots along the bottom edge.
7. Leave a space free of embellishment to add the central pendant.
8. Stitch the pendant to the necklace, creating a seed bead bail. I used square stitch, but peyote works too.
9. Add accent beads to cover the bail.
10. Stitch hammered oval links to each end. I used square stitch here too.
11. Add lengths of chain and a clasp. I started with a lobster claw, as shown here, but later I changed it to a handmade wire hook.
For a detailed guide to creating bead embroidered components and finishing them off, please download a copy of my free e-book chapter at the link below:
|FREE e-BOOK CHAPTER|
Copyright 2011 Cyndi Lavin. Not to be reprinted, resold, or redistributed for profit. May be printed out for personal use or distributed electronically provided that entire file, including this notice, remains intact.
Technorati Tags:handmade beaded jewelry,wearable art,beads,jewelry,necklace,mixed media,beading