Part one - Last week, I shared all the materials and tools needed, plus the first 5 steps in creating a wired necklace like this one. Here's the completion!
6. Trim the finished shape if desired and pin it to a backing fabric. Cut the backing even with the top fabric.
7. Stitch a hammered oval link in between the layers on both sides of the necklace.
8. Use embroidery floss and larger 8/0 seed beads to finish off the raw edges all the way around the piece.
9. Stitched up and ready for the neck straps.
10. Created wired links with brass wire, brass rounds, and unakite rondelles. Finish one end with a hook and the other with a wire spiral.
|FREE e-BOOK CHAPTER|
Copyright 2010 Cyndi Lavin. Not to be reprinted, resold, or redistributed for profit. May be printed out for personal use or distributed electronically provided that entire file, including this notice, remains intact.
Technorati Tags:handmade beaded jewelry,wearable art,beads,jewelry,necklace,mixed media,beading
I'd love to see some of your gorgeous neck wear shown on models. Perhaps in your next book?